Monday, May 19, 2008

much overdue update

I saw that JR challenged me to complete the movie "survey" I've posted below. He also made some snide comment in April on my last post about forgetting how to blog. To be sure, the comment was completely warranted, but still. That's enough of your lip, JR. I'm sure you're about the only person who reads this blog anyway.

So here's the dealy, yo. There's been a lot happening. I met a guy in February. In March I found out that the planned move of my office to another location less than 2 miles away was being scrapped for a move to Burbank. "It's only 14 more miles!" said the senior leadership nincompoop who already lives in Burbank! And then I got engaged.

That's right. I met the guy, and less than two months later we decided to make it permanent. At first I worried that people would think we're crazy. But the more I hear - or remember - other people's love stories, I don't think we're so nuts after all. And anyway, it's just an engagement. His parents got married - MARRIED - after knowing each other only 3 months! And they've been together for 34 years. So there.

We've decided on a fall wedding, since we share a love for that season. And because of my OCD, it has to be in November (something about odd numbers and November being the 11th month). But I'm already over 1/2 done with the planning and most of the little details. In fact, I think I've only got about 5 things left to figure out. Maybe 6. And of those, I'm waiting on other people to get back to me with information. Everything else is done.

Plus, there are - were - two other weddings (one of which just happened on Saturday), and two - now three - babies to anticipate and plan parties for. It's been a busy couple of months.

So thanks in advance for any other congrats that come this way. And congrats to those of you who are either getting married or expecting little ones.

I now present the movie meme:


1. One movie that made you laugh
The Frisco Kid

2. One movie that made you cry
Boys Don't Cry

3. One movie you loved when you were a child
The Never Ending Story (there's a reason we don't watch it as adults!)

4. One movie you’ve seen more than once
Love Actually

5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it
I wouldn't say I loved it, but I liked The Last Dragon and that really is a painful admission. If you don't know what movie I'm talking about, does "Sho Nuff!" mean anything to you?

6. One movie you hated
The Sixth Sense

7. One movie that scared you
The Blair Witch Project

8. One movie that bored you
Be Cool

9. One movie that made you happy
The Fifth Element

10. One movie that made you miserable
Schindler's List

11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see
The Ring (I can't stomach any of that horror stuff)

12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with
The Prime Minister from Love Actually

13. The last movie you saw
Prince Caspian

14. The next movie you hope to see
Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

15. Your favorite movie
of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (V for Vendetta is a very very close second)

1 comment:

jennylou said...

hurray! you're blogging! :) I love Love Actually.